Sunday, January 3, 2010

Successful Weight Management

The trip from 208 pounds to 145 pounds and a size 7 was not a easy journey for Brittany Burkfield. But it is a trip she is glad she took. "I am now a size and weight I used to only dream about," says Brittany, a college freshman. The days of 208 pounds were not pleasant.

"I was in hide-out mode. It truly hurt to get up in the morning and go to school. I became a recluse and thought only negative things about myself. The depression caused me to eat more, hurting my health and my emotional state as well," recalls Brittany.

Grandma Opal encouraged her to use AIM products as part of her daily routine. She begins the day with a smoothie--a combination of natural fruit juice, a protein powder, BarleyLife Xtra, Herbal Fiberblend, GlucoChrom, and Frame Essentials (for a slight hip discomfort).

Prior to her lifestyle change, Brittany had contemplated what she calls the "starvation method" as a cure for her weight. She now recognizes that slow, steady weight loss as a result of better eating habits and AIM supplementation "is healthier for your body to handle, easier to maintain, and the weight will stay off."

(from Living Well, November-December 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment